My familia!

Sunday, November 9

A scary situation

Sorry that I have not been around to blog to much. We have been dealing with this cold that is going around. (I am now on week 3) How long is a cold allowed to last?!?!

But the biggest reason I have not been around has to do with what I do for a living. As some of you may know, I have a daycare in my home. I have been doing this for about 5 years and love doing it! Well, one of my little one's scared the crap out of me...to the point that I had 911 on the phone.

Everything, in the end, turned out okay. But at the time, I was frantic as to what should I have done, or could have done. Should I have not done something that I did. If the baby had stopped breathing, I could have revived him, but this was not the case. Here I was holding this little guy, and I was helpless to troubleshoot what was happening.

But we now know what happened and we now know how to prevent it. And I have signed up for an emergency first aid class. By doing this, I should feel more capable and confident to access problems as they may occur, build up some confidence that I have lost this last week.

This is the first and hopefully only time that one of the little one's in my care need first aid. I am just thankful that everything turned out okay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been on antibiotics for 2 weeks for my sinus infection and I'm still up all night coughing and miserable. Not to mention my uterus, but you read all about THAT misery. Sorry you got the crap scared out of you. It's great you were able to help him out, sounded terrifying!

Anonymous said...

Sounds very scary, I'm glad it all worked out for you. The first aid class is such a great idea.